There are many individuals, communities and businesses that would like to be more environmentally conscious, but they don’t know where to begin.
Being environmentally friendly means living a lifestyle that is better for the environment – whether it is reducing your plastic waste, making use of public drinking fountains instead of using plastic bottles when you’re on the go or being conscious of litter and its effects on the environment – you can do your part to become eco-friendlier.
5 Ways to Be More Eco-Friendly
- Be Aware of Your Resources – pay attention to how you choose to travel, use heat, and use water. Changing from harmful plastic water bottles to using filtered water coolers is already a step in the right direction. Taking steps to reduce your carbon footprint and conserve energy also play a role in being environmentally conscious.
- Conservation – this can be as simple as turning off lights when leaving a room to making choices about how to build a home and the building resources you choose to use.
- Planting Trees – trees give us oxygen, fruits and provide shelter to wildlife. A shady landscape around your property can help reduce energy consumption and keep your home cool in the summer.
- Water conservation – a lot of energy is required to pump water from lakes and rivers to our homes. Try to take shorter showers, keep taps closed when brushing your teeth, fix leaking pipes and use water saving appliances.
- Reduce Your Use of Harmful Chemicals – chemicals like ammonia, oil and paint can cause pollution when disposed of openly. Polluted air and water has serious consequences on our health. Instead, dispose of chemicals at appropriate toxic waste sites.
If you would like to make eco-friendly decisions, or learn more about the benefits of filtered water coolers and drinking fountains, contact Aquafil today.